We went to Fireside Restaurant Saturday. This is a restaurant located next door to a fire station, and so it has fire-fighting-themed children’s menus. Unfortunately, they don’t change these menus very often, and my kids are now bored with them. Fortunately, the food comes quickly, here.
As Nora wasn’t very interested with her menu, I decided to take a crayon and colour things in. She immediately questioned why I was colouring the fireman blue.
“That’s not a fireman,” I said, “That’s a waterman.”
Nora gives me a skeptical look as only she can. “What’s a waterman?!”
“It’s a man who fights water with fire!”
The skeptical look increases.
“They help fight floods. They use flame throwers to boil the water away.”
Nora clearly thinks I shouldn’t be allowed within ten metres of a disaster management office.
Wood Kid’s The Golden Age, played live. A key part of The Sun Runners’ soundtrack, but also appropriate, I think, given the Brexit results and the rise of Trump…
As I was packing up for the weekend, I looked around our front foyer and wondered, “what the heck are all these little red plastic bits all over the place? What could they possibly have come from?”
Erin, meanwhile, was wondering, “where’s Luna’s wire brush, the one with the red plastic comfort grip?”
Found the brush!
On This Day
- 2013: Okay, I need a big jar and a 50 meter chain of beads, right now.
- 2011: On Top of Mount Trashmore
- 2010: Mindscapes (Vincent and the Doctor Reviewed)
- 2009: Help Break the Blackout in Iran
- 2008: Vivian's First Haircut
- 2007: And Thank You Toronto!
- 2006: The Problem of Public Transit III: Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic
- 2005: The New Doctor Who: Continuation or Reboot?
- 2004: Results of the Bow. James Bow. Election Pool
- 2003: So, Why Did We Invade Iraq?
- 2003: Shrink Toronto Council?
- 2002: South Dakota Hates Me
- 2002: I wish I had a digital camera.